Sunday, July 20, 2008

This burning passion

God, you know me.
Every part. Every cell.
Every hope. Every dream.
Every weakness. Every struggle.

I take great confidence in the fact that you know
me so well.
There's no need to hide anything from you.
You see it all anyway. You know it all
before I even know it.

So I am laid bare before you.
Naked. Exposed. Vulnerable
And yet, I'm not embarrassed.
I'm not ashamed.

Because your love finds me.
Embraces me. Covers me.
Holds me. Warms me.
Changes me. Moves me.
Protects me. Blesses me.
Saves me.

I so want You.

I passionately want you.

Sometimes my heart just aches to know you better.
This desire, this burning desire, I can barely control.
You have become the Lover I pursue. I want to find you.
I want to love you. I want to give my life, everything I am,
Everything I have, everything I will be.
To you.

I want to serve you.

Help me to be patient. To learn the lessons I need to learn.
Surround me with others who are like minded.
Teach me to love those that are difficult to love.
Make me kind. Make me gentle. Make me humble.
Fill me with your grace. Fill me with your mercy.

God, let this fire never be extinguished within me.
Instead...
Fuel it.
Flame it till it consumes me.

No comments: