Monday, July 7, 2008

Pursue Me Lord

Lord, pursue me.

Call my name. Find me when I am lost and I am not even aware of it. Track me down when I've wandered off, thinking I know the right way.

Take my hand in yours and lead me.

Hold my head in your hands and turn my gaze heavenwards. For too long it has hung down in shame.

Embrace the part of me that is wounded, bruised, sore, raw and gently nurse it back to health.

Make my heart tender. Let it pulse with compassion and mercy.

Let me rejoice in my womanhood. Let me teach those younger than me to see their femininity as a gift.

Continue to reveal to me what it is you have for me to do.

Give me an obedient heart.

Pursue me, chase me, like a lover who must find the one he loves.

Fight for my heart.

Whisper in my ear that you love me.

I will respond... I will turn and follow you...I will serve you...I will give you my heart...

I will love you.

No comments: