Sunday, September 2, 2007

Unique identities

Each of us has a unique signature of the soul. A fingerprint identity like no one else on earth.

Sadly though, we try so hard to be like someone other than who God created and fashioned us to be.

There is peace when we "settle" into our specific element and do the thing God has called us to do. It is ever evolving, changing, growing, and alive. It need not suffer from the criticisms of others or the intimidation of our thoughts.

Sometimes, all it takes is for someone to believe in us, challenge us or move us.

Our impossible expectatons come from within, not from God. They are born out of insecurity. When we can fully grasp his love for us, we become secure, difficult to offend, less quick to react in defense of our position.

The pace he expects us to move at is far slower than we would ever set to "get things done, to change". There are lessons we need to learn along the way that will develop our character and challenge our belief in God.

Confidence comes when we have courage to take the first step, and then it comes faster each step after that. We begin to believe in ourselves and that what we do does in fact matter. It is significant.

As I have reached the middle years of my life, I am more aware of time passing by. If I intend to be effective and influential in any way at all, I must be more intentional about doing the "thing" God has called me to do. Realizing that could be many different things, I still desire to push ahead, feeling my way around, while at the same time, asking God for confirmation.

It may not be anything "big" or "monumental". It may in fact be making myself more available to others who are hurting, extending my ear, listening with the heart. It may be that I walk into more relationships with an attitude of "giving" more than I think I have to give.

Perhaps it's pursuing my design giftings in a more deliberate way to my community. Whatever it is that God dreams that I would do, I am on my way.

Imagine God dreaming about us!

No comments: