Tuesday, April 20, 2010

I Just Wish....

There are times that I wish I could take away the pain that my friends experience.

I have several close friends that are experiencing difficult health problems, some financial problems, some relational problems, some "God" problems.

There's a part in me that weeps for them all.

I just wish I could fix their problems and make the pain go away.

I wish I could say the right things to them that would make everything better.

I wish I could hold them.

But here I am, unable to do any of these.

The only thing I am capable of is getting down on my knees, bowing my head and coming before the Heavenly Father
on their behalf.

It seems so small, this gift that I offer them, but it is all I have, all I can do.

And so, I will do it, faithfully, diligently, lovingly,...
Until the One to whom I pray, grants my request.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Robyn, even at a distance you are a good friend.The world is much better off because you and Paul are in it, Don't underestimate your influence and significance in the lives you touch.

Rachael Barham said...

Amen to Graeme's comment! You are an inspiration... XR

Heidi Renee said...

you are a very good and faithful friend Robyn.