Monday, October 29, 2007

My return from Africa

I have safely returned to Canada after being in 4 different African countries in the last 3 weeks.

So much of what I have felt, experienced, and touched will at some time be written in this blog, but it may be awhile in order for it to sift through my thought processes and find words to fit the emotions.

As I push through the jet lag weariness I am still humbled at the measure of grace bestowed to me throughout the entire trip. My God, my friend, my protector, my teacher, has never left my side. He can't leave me, ever, I'm the one that moves away.

Our friendship and journeying together has deepened. We've had many good chats, heart to hearts, tears and moments of intense pain that are secrets we will have until eternity.

I am becoming more and more comfortable and honest with my companion. After all, he created me, knows my thoughts even before I do and still loves me - there is nothing I can hide from him, nothing he doesn't know already, so I can relax and confidently ask him to help me through each and every situation.

I am no longer immobilized by guilt. I am breaking through its grip on me. I am pushing back insecurities and self-doubt and reaching out for his purposes and plan for me.

In time I will be able to share glimpses of this revelation.

For now, it will need to settle, take root and then bring forth fruit.

No comments: