Thursday, January 14, 2010

Haiti's Cries

Lost in contemplation
I'm distracted by recent events
far away, yet near in my heart
helpless I am, hopeless I am
as images of devastation pass by my eyes

swirls of questions cloud by mind
too big to ask, too big to answer
unable to hear
unable to discern
your voice

somewhere, you are there
this I know for sure
it's just that I can't see you
through all the pain
the fog of sorrows
the din of screams
the heaviness of death

God be God
God be great
God be gracious and merciful
God be quick to heal and save

So many brothers and sisters
lost beneath the rubble in your
beautiful country of Haiti

God come quickly
to the suffering ones, the poor ones, in Haiti
God,... come and cry

2 comments:

ranae janelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ranae janelle said...

this is so beautiful robyn. thank you. my heart has been breaking these last days and i have had no words. your words fit perfectly. i am receiving messages on a regular basis from our contacts in haiti. haiti was my home for several years as a child, we lived right in the city of port au prince. our friends there are safe. praise God. this is a link to a blog written by a family in haiti that i do not know but is so amazing. http://livesayhaiti.blogspot.com/
thinking of you and praying with you.