Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Invisible King

God, in his great love, allows us to build relationships and connections with others, that over time shape and form us more into the likeness of Christ. How significant and wonderful the body of Christ fits together. How precious the bonding of our hearts to one another.

God's presence surrounds us - envelopes us and holds us when we can't see him, can't feel him and can't call out to him. He is still there. Invisibly there. But there.

Oh that my eyes could see the invisible. Oh that my heart could love like his. Oh that my thoughts and my mind could understand him, this invisible friend that is faithful to the end. There is no place he cannot find me, no sin too terrible that he will not forgive, no brokenness that he cannot mend.

Oh, this Saviour, Healer, Redeemer and Friend of mine. How can I grow to love you more? How can I follow you when I can't see you? Open my eyes, open them widely, and let them behold you in all your glory.

You are my King and I long to worship and serve you.

No comments: