Friday, July 10, 2009

Sometimes

Sometimes I am the ointment that is applied to the gaping wound

Sometimes I am the wind that fills the sails of the ship lost at sea

Sometimes I am the elevator that takes people one floor higher

Sometimes I am the warm blanket that is placed over those who are cold and lonely

Sometimes I am the canvas God paints

Sometimes I am the training wheels to support young riders

Sometimes I am the fragrance of beauty

Sometimes I am the chalice that holds the wine for the Eucharist

Sometimes I am the bread that is broken and multiplied

Sometimes I am the ears of God

Sometimes I am the smile of God

Sometimes I am the tears of God

Sometimes I am the one who nailed my Lord to the Cross

Sometimes I am the one casting lots for his clothes

Sometimes I am the one who breaks his heart

Always, I am the one forgiven

Always, I am the one loved

1 comment:

Heidi Renee said...

YES you are! Beautiful Robyn!

I've been meaning to tell you about the front door mat that is at our new house is shaped like a heart. I moved it the other day to sweep the porch and while there wasn't a key underneath, there was a penny - and it was from the year Keith & I got married :D

It' s a little thing, but I thought it was really sweet.