Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Big God I serve

Recently, I watched a video entitled "Indescribable". It blew me away! (as they say)

I saw actual photos of one of the thousands of galaxies in our universe; gazed upon millions of tiny dots that represent stars; tried to grasp the enormous size of the sun .... my whole understanding of how big space actually is, how big the God who created it all is, and how small our little planet earth seems in the corporate picture.

I was speechless, moved to tears. I had no "container" with which to hold this new information of the God who loves me. I was overwhelmed and humbled at his majesty, his power, his beauty, his creativity, his size. My "god-view" exploded and expanded that night...all previous notions of how big he was shattered into a million pieces. Something changed inside me about how I now "see" him and I will never be the same.

Then God dropped a "nugget" into my soul which still makes my head dizzy.

"Robyn, my Love matches my size."

No comments: